In recent years, telecom sites all over the world have been suffering from battery theft.
The assumption was that batteries were being stolen for
recycling lead contents or for self-use. But it turns out that a large part is
smuggled outside the borders and some are even sold in the local black market.
This phenomenon is increasing. Mobile network operators are
spending hundreds of thousands of dollars every year on replacing stolen
batteries and security.
Cell tower Battery thefts became a global problem!
The theft of the batteries and the damage to telecom sites has
the potential to cause a serious impact not only on the industry, but also on the
economy, by causing disruptions to the network provisions, while disconnecting
many areas from services, including essential services.
This phenomenon also does not overlook LIB batteries, which are frequently stolen.
The 5G era is approaching and brings with it additional challenges:
- Increase in the number of sites
- Increase of network energy consumption
- High electricity costs
This will enhance the phenomenon and its implications!
Mobile network operators are trying to deal with this phenomenon in different ways:
- Installing security cameras
- Installing battery safes
- Increase the amount of security personnel
- Utilizing heavy, 2V batteries
- And more…
Galooli’s new Battery GPS Tracker technology offers a smart and easy solution that can be integrated with the most common batteries used in the market. It has proven itself worldwide and saved hundreds of thousands of dollars to its customers
Our technology offers:
- OPEX saving.
- Battery protection.
- Vibration and movement real time alert.
- Battery status and functionality.
- Monitoring batteries status and functionality (voltage & temperature).
- Remote management from anywhere and anytime (Desktop, Web, Mobile).
- Low energy consumption.